Episode 497 - Three Wishes
Friday, December 05 2008 @ 07:00 AM CST
Contributed by: Mike Newell
- Three Wishes
This year, We again discuss what three wishes we'd like Santa Claus to bring to WDW.
Running Time: 21:45
Matt reads advertisers promo (www.allstarvacationhomes.com)
Mr. Voice introduces the show
Matt gives show number and date (which he forgot to mention that today Walt would have been 107 years old)
Matt Introduces Mike Newell and rubs it in that Mike will not be on the Mousefest cruise.
Matt introduces his personal Patron Saint Len
Matt Introduces Mr. Scopa.
Scopa’s quote of the day is “You are witnessing a rare visual phenomenon, the aurora borealis above us.” Which I thought was from Spaceship Earth, but I must admit I overslept and have still yet to wake up.
Matt guesses… Splashtacular?
Mike guesses Muppets?
Matt guesses Original, original, original, original Illuminations?
Len guesses Flights of… Mission to the Moon? Flight to the Moon? Mission to Mars? Delta Dream flight?
Matt guesses Oregon Trail?
The Answer is… Listen to the show!
Len thought he was going to guess that (right!)
Matt introduces “The Fabulous Annette Owens” – THE travel agent from MEI & Mouse Fan Travel
Annette rubs it in to Matt that they are already packed and ready to go.
Matt – “That makes one of us”
Matt announces the show’s Theme Three Wishes and that he substitutes Santa with Len
“With Len, all things are possible” (and I thought his motto was “Corrupting youth one podcast at a time”?)
Len’s Three Wishes:
1. “For all the children of the world to come together and sing in the spirit of peace and harmony.” – Steve Martin
2. For a sit down restaurant at a value resort! Why can’t there be a sit down restaurant at a value resort?
a. Fuddruckers – Mmmmm YUMMY! (just don’t mix up the consonants)
3. (Len takes forever on his first wish) Underwater Themed Hotel – Brilliant!
a. Bring back the Hydrolators!
b. Undersea vista just like The Living Seas. (Do alligators count?)
4. Suites in attractions that you can stay in over night
a. Haunted Mansion – Len thinks this would be the coolest!
b. Tower of Terror (Like Van mentioned in one of his casts, Disney should use some synergy and make it the Tipton Tower of Terror)
c. Len noticed that the Tower of Terror is based on a hotel ;-)
Mr. Scopa – Call him Ishmael – There he was in Zanzibar… “Where am I going to get myrrh at this time of night?” “Wait for the shake.”
Unlike Len’s; Mike’s Three Wishes are realistic:
1. Schedule for bus, that anyone can access to help them get from one-point-to-another.
2. More queue wait time boards throughout all of the Parks.
a. Scrolling or crawls at Fast Pass distribution with updated wait times.
3. Dining Your Way Meal Plan like the MYW Park tickets (When has Disney been more flexible?)
Len gets jealous that Ms. Owens and Matt liked Mike’s Three Wishes. (it’s tough to be a bug Len)
Little Miss Helper’s (aka The Fabulous Annette Owens’) practical Three Wishes:
1. All families of 5, stand up and make your voices heard! Why is there only 1 moderate with a trundle bed? – Thankfully this never happened to me when I was younger as we stayed off site or RV (oh the nightmares still haunt me).
2. Annette admits her addiction. Yes WDW needs a Starbucks! Please
a. Len admits his inner Lee Harvey Oswald tendencies. (I never realized how addicting coffee is to people, since I don’t drink it)
3. Food Court options to include food that is prepared your way. i.e. Subway or a deli counter.
a. Scopa responds there is that option already – buffets.
b. Annette giggles.
Len acknowledges Annette’s ideas are good. Then continues on to point out that there is nowhere to sit down in the parks and relax, like at a coffee shop.
The panel reminisces to days of old when WDW had AP lounges.
Matt asks for Len to bring to WDW as part of his Three Wishes:
1. Bulldozer for his favorite park, I mean the Backlot Tours at his favorite park. (Does John Deer even make a bulldozer?)
Can someone get the phone?
2. Increase benefits for Annual Pass holders – and the crowd goes wild! – and he calls us all suckers?
3. Doors and restraints in the parking trams. Matt, practical? Was Len describing himself?
a. Len’s reminder that he is in Mensa
Mr. Newell’s Three Wishes will be coming in 3 more episodes:
1. Drive in Theater for him to take his rental car on a date.
2. Improvements to resort television services. (Keep Stacy)
b. Make ADR’s from digital service in resort room
Len will be granting wishes soon.
3. Finally a decent Pizza place on site. (Maybe they could even allow you to order it via your TV?)
Matt invites listeners to participate in the new segment in 2009; call in your Trip Reports at 407-278-5939. (Can we send you MP3 files of our trip reports?)
Please visit www.wdwtoday.com for older episodes, show notes, and to send your comments.